December 18, 2013
First of all, I have to give a huge Thank You to Jacki at Salt + Paperie (formerly known as Jack & Gil Designs) for taking these new photos for me! You rock, Jacki!
I thought I’d have a little fun with today’s blog and tell you 10 things that you probably didn’t know about me. I’ve posted alot of personal blogs and I’ve shared my struggles, triumphs, and my feelings about photography, my job, and life in general. But now it’s time to talk about more random things — haha!
10 things you might not know about me:
– I have 6 siblings … 5 sisters and 1 brother. The family home always was, and still is, loud, exciting, and constantly filled with laughing, singing, and dancing.
– I hate seafood. Shrimp looks like a monster, gross worm. Why would anyone ever want to eat that? Yuck!
– I love broadway musicals. Like, LOVE. If I could only listen to one kind of music for the rest of my life, I would choose broadway musicals :) I secretly dream of being IN a Broadway musical one day — not because I have the talent to be on a Broadway stage… but just because I think it would be so much fun!
– I can’t function very well when my house is messy, if my bed isn’t made, or especially if my office and/or desk is messy. I need these things to be clean or else I seriously can’t focus. Our house isn’t always clean, but it almost always is because of those reasons.
– Unless I have a meeting, photoshoot, errands to run, etc., I wear pajama bottoms and a sweatshirt all day while I work at my desk. No makeup, hair in a bun on top of my head. Every. Day. All. Day. One huge perk to working at home ;-)
– I’m a cryer. And not just during “that time of the month”. Haha! I often cry, or at least get choked up, if I’m very happy, if I’m sad/mad, if I hear a beautiful song, if I see a sad movie/commercial, if I see a happy/emotional movie/commercial, during father/daughter dances, and especially — especially — when I see someone else cry. You name it. If there is emotion involved, I’m probably crying. I do a good job holding it in if I’m in public, though.
– I hate. HATE. Being cold. It’s a miserable feeling for me. I’d rather be burning up hot and sweating gallons than to be freezing cold.
– I officially met my husband at Chuck-E-Cheese. True story.
– I love people, hanging out, etc., but I’m a fairly private person, I don’t like being the center of attention, and I’m a bit of an introvert. Well, I guess a slightly extroverted introvert. But mostly an introvert. I feel very uncomfortable in big groups or in rooms full of lots of people I don’t know. The funny thing is, when I’m shooting a wedding and I’m surrounded by lots of people and having to take control and direct people, I actually feel quite comfortable. It’s funny. I guess I get “in the zone” when know that I have a job I need to get done.
– I didn’t always want to be a photographer. When I was little, I always said I wanted to be a “Brownie Maker” when I grew up. I guess everything worked out for the best in the end ;-)
And there you have it! 10 things you might not have known about me. Have a Happy Wednesday!